Have you heard of the word “Keto”? Sure you have, it’s one of the famous diet plans across the world. From movie stars to models to influencers, many people have supported it and have followed it.
The ketogenic diet is also referred to as ‘keto’ and is a low-carb high-fat diet. It is quite beneficial in decreasing weight and improving type-2 diabetes. This diet involves burning fat for energy, the consumption of carbohydrates is lessened which puts the body in a metabolic state known as ketosis.
Though the plan is considered to be safe still people suffering from diabetes, high blood strain and breastfeeding moms must consult their doctor before starting the diet.
Foods to eat under this plan
- Unprocessed cheese (cheddar, goat cream. Mozzarella and blue)
- Eggs (pastured or omega-3 whole eggs)
- Fatty fish ( salmon, trout, tuna, and mackerel)
- Butter and cream
- Meat (red meat, turkey, chicken, steak, ham, sausage, and bacon)
- Healthy oils (olive oil, coconut, and avocado oil)
- Nuts and seeds (almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds,etc.)
- Low-carb veggies (green vegetables, tomatoes, onion, peppers, etc)
Foods to avoid
- Sugary ingredients (soda, fruit juice, cake, candies, smoothies, etc) and synthetic or natural sweeteners
- Grains or starches like rice, wheat-based total products, pasta, cereal, etc
- Beans or legumes
- Low fat or diet products
- Root veggies and tubers like potatoes and carrots
- Unhealthy fat like mayonnaise and vegetable oil
- Sugar-free diet products
Your body will take time to adjust to this new routine. You might also feel nausea, lack of energy, discomfort in the digestive system, difficulty to sleep and an increase in hunger; all these are signs of the “Keto flu”. Don’t worry it’s a very common occurrence and will fade in a few days.
During the entire diet plan, you need to increase the consumption of water and salt because this routine will affect the water and mineral balance of the body.
Keto diet is a very effective diet plan; many experts have prepared a proper 30-day plan for the same. Some are paid to access while some are available on the internet for free. It is advised to follow a well-structured plan from a known expert.
Try the ketogenic diet this time, maybe it suits well and helps you get in shape fast without compromising on your health!