The beauty industry comes up with new trends every time. Nowadays, a major part of skin care routine is now trending towards including sheet masks in the routine.
We use an uncountable number of things like the primer, concealer, foundation, etc to hide the imperfections and get flawless skin. Well, makeup makes us feel beautiful and confident and also gives a perfect look, but on the same side, it damages the skin.
So how about getting a clear skin naturally rather than covering it with a layer of foundation? Well, it’s the time to include sheet masks in your skin care routine.
Sheet mask is a thin face shaped sheet made up of different materials like fibres, papers, fabrics and more that is soaked in serums or nutrients solution. It has holes for eyes, nose and mouth. There are different sheet masks available for different types of skin that aid in moisturising, hydrating and purifying the skin.
How to use a sheet mask?
- Wash your face thoroughly and cleanse it using a mild cleanser. (Make sure that you remove the makeup properly)
- Pat it with a dry towel gently.
- Take out the sheet mask carefully and align it properly on your face.
- Keep the mask on your face for around 20 minutes.
- Remove the sheet and gently pat the serum so that it is properly absorbed by your skin,
- Wait till the serum is completely absorbed by your skin.
- Moisturise and follow your daily skin care routine.
What are the benefits of using a sheet mask?
- It gives hydration to your skin. When your skin is soaked in serum all the underlying dehydration and dryness disappear and your skin cells are filled with moisture.
- It clears and complexion and also adds radiance to your skin.
- It provides nourishment to your skin.
- It helps in reducing the inflammation and also treats the acne, redness, and rashes.
- It also has an additional benefit compared to other masks. While all other masks are open to air, the protective layer of the sheet mask ensures that the serum is trapped between the skin and sheet and provides proper moisturizing to the skin.
Things to keep in mind –
- Sheet masks should never be reused.
- Do not leave the sheet mask for more than 20 minutes on your skin.
- Get a perfect sheet mask according to your skin type.